Sunday 1 April 2012

Voice Over

In film trailers it is very conventional to have a voice over, over the top of the trailer. We decided that we wanted to create a voice over that would have the same effect first we started by looking at existing voice overs that have been used in trailers, so that it would give us an idea of what we wanted our character to say.

This quote is from the Romance film 'Like Crazy' 
“I thought I understood it, that I could grasp it, but I didn’t, not really. Only the smudgeness of it; the pink-slippered, all-containered, semi-precious eagerness of it. I didn’t realize it would sometimes be more than whole, that the wholeness was a rather luxurious idea. Because it’s the halves that halve you in half. I didn’t know, don’t know, about the in-between bits; the gory bits of you, and the gory bits of me.”



This quote is from the Romance film 'Remember me'
"someone comes into your life and half of you says danger stay in your cage you're no where near ready and the other half says make her yours forever".


This quote is from the Romance Film 'The Vow'
"Life's all about moments, of impact and how they changes our lives forever. But what if one day you could no longer remember any of them?". 

We took some inspiration from all of these in order to write our own voiceover that would explain how our character was feeling, this would then also give the audience a greater insight into our narrative and create more emotion and atmosphere when people are watching it. 


"This love is unconditional affection with no limits or conditions. Like screaming out loud with no one else to listen, no one will ever understand just how much it hurts. I thought I knew what  IT was.  But I wasn’t prepared not really. Sometimes I even wish I could have all the bad stuff back just so I could have the good again".

"Everything seems brighter, happier and more intense when your in love. When you find it don’t let go". 

I think that this voice over will work exceptionally well as it flows really nicely together and will create a really emotional part of the trailer i think this is also going to enforce the genre of our trailer and will create a really strong part in our trailer, that will hopefully really connect with the audience. 








No comments:

Post a Comment